With the growth in our membership, our trips are extremely popular and have been selling out early – even earlier than last year!
We are using wait lists this year. This accomplishes two things:
- There are often cancellations up to Wednesday 8pm before the trip. If someone cancels, the first first person on the waitlist will be moved onto the trip to fill the spot. There are often many cancellations and many members get on trips this way.
- This allows the Director to evaluate if there is enough interest to pay for a second bus. If yes, we’ll add it! Usually a decision on a second bus is made early in the week before the trip, or earlier if enough people are on the wait list.
How does the wait list work?
- Click “join wait list” on the registration page.
- Fill out all your information. You will not be charged for the trip at this time.
- You will receive a confirmation email that outlines what happens when you are offered a spot.
- When you are moved onto the trip, you will be sent a registration pending payment email stating that you have 24 hours to pay or you will be deleted. You do not have a seat until you pay! Given the popularity of our trips, we are strict about the 24 hour time frame.
- Log in to your account at hpsc.ca and pay the invoice. Welcome to the trip!
- IMPORTANT: On Thursday morning before the trip, all payment pending registrations as well as the wait list will be deleted. Any open spots will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
If you are on the wait list, be sure to pay right away to avoid disappointment. We thank our members for their cooperation; this system we feel is both fair to members and minimizes the work of our wonderful volunteers.
See you on the trails!