Every year we schedule one trip to the Kolapore Uplands (combined with a trip to Highlands Nordic). When conditions are good, it’s a magical place! This year’s trip is Feb. 8. There’s a wait list, and if there are enough people on it, we’ll add a second bus.
If you’ve never been to Kolapore, here is what you may expect:
- No tracks! Backcountry skiing is on ungroomed, narrow trails. Thus, it can be more challenging than skiing at resorts with tracks. We do not recommend Kolapore for beginners.
- No facilities! Be sure to use the washroom on the bus before you leave. And you’ll be eating on the trails.
- No rentals! You need your own gear, or need to rent in the city and bring it with you. While backcountry skis are preferable, you can ski with your normal skis.
- Guided skiing! Likely two guided groups will be heading out of varying difficulties. Choose your own adventure.
- Fun! Check out the photos below.