First off, I want to thank all members who participated in the recent membership survey. We received completed questionnaires from 477 members (41% response rate). The responses have provided very helpful guidance for our planning of the upcoming season.
Some of the highlights:
- Almost all members (98%) report being very (80%) or somewhat satisfied (18%) with High Park Ski Club.
- Six-in-ten (58%) members have gone on both long trips and daytrips during the last 2 years; 28% have only been on day trips (Alpine and/or Nordic); while 11% only went on long trips; 3% did not go on any type of trip for various reasons.
- In the last two years, two-thirds of members went on an Alpine day trip, while just over one-in-three participated in a Nordic daytrip.
- The wearing of masks, and reduced numbers on the bus, are the most cited requirements for members to go on a day trip this season with HPSC for both Alpine and Nordic daytrippers. However, one-in-ten report they will not be going on any daytrip bus this coming season.
- Last season approximately one-third (32%) of Alpine members had an Ikon (16%) or Blue Mountain 5×7 (16%) pass. Looking ahead at this season, the numbers are not far off, with about one-quarter having already purchased or planning on purchasing an Ikon (14%) or 5X7 (12%).
- Six-in-ten members indicate they plan on renewing their HPSC membership (FYI we usually have a renewal rate of approximately two-thirds). However, not unexpectedly in this pandemic time, about one-in-five indicate they are uncertain. Of those who were uncertain or report being unlikely to renew, the main reason appears to be the uncertainty of the pandemic situation.