Management of Daytrips for 2019-20 Season
As you may be aware, Erika Clark, the Director of Downhill Day Trips, resigned in late August. In the meantime we have been searching for a new Director to take over the portfolio. In late September, long-time member Justin Graham agreed to take over the logistics and management of Downhill daytrips for the upcoming season. However, for personal reasons, he has chosen not to be the Director. His title is Assistant Director of Day Trips. Christine Bellerose, the Director of Ski School has agreed to also represent Day Trips on the HPSC Board of Directors.
Erika is not going away but needed to step away from the Board to concentrate on her new job. You will still see her on the bus, and she has agreed to help out where and when she can. We would like to sincerely thank Erika for her fantastic leadership of Day Trips, and her extensive contribution to the club, over the last year and a half. Good luck Erika and see you on the slopes!
Downhill Day Trips Schedule
The downhill day trips schedule is now finalized and is currently available as a downloadable PDF on the website under Our Trips – Downhill day trips – Downhill day trips registration. You need to be logged in to the site. https://hpsc.ca/resources/Documents/Day%20Trips/Downhill_Day_Trip_Schedule_2019-20.pdf
We are working on adding all of the trips to the calendar but wanted to make sure that you have the schedule to start planning out your ski season. The first trips will be open for registration by early November.
Our first scheduled day trip is the annual Test Drive day to Mount St. Louis on Saturday December 7.
As we have in the past few seasons, most Saturdays we are scheduled to go to Mount St. Louis; Sundays and Mondays to Blue Mountain; and Wednesdays to the variety of private clubs in the Collingwood area. We have also added in a few new resorts – Mansfield Ski Club and Caledon Ski Club in Ontario; and Holiday Valley in New York.
Some highlights for the upcoming season:
- December 7 – First scheduled day trip and first Test Drive Day to Mount St. Louis.
- December 30 – A special Holiday Week trip to a location the club has not gone to in a very long time – Mansfield Ski Club.
- January 11 – Member Appreciation Day and Double Double lesson day at Mount St. Louis. This is a Member Only trip.
- February 15 – Special Family Day Weekend day trip to Holiday Valley NY. Note this the only daytrip we will be running over the Family Day weekend. This is a Member Only trip.
- February 29 – Test Drive #2 at Mount St. Louis
- March 21 – Sleep in Saturday. We will also be going to a new resort for weekend skiers – Caledon Ski Club.
- Numerous Pizza days throughout the season at Mount St. Louis and Blue Mountain.
- Almost every day trip is a Bring a Friend trip – please see the schedule for Bring a Friend trips.
New Pick Up Location Approved by the Board – Liberty Village
We are happy to announce that the HPSC Board of Directors has approved the addition of a new Downhill Day Trips pick up location.
When we have enough registrants for a second bus, we will now be using a new pick up in the Liberty Village area to accommodate the growing number of members in that part of the city. The pick-up location will be to the west of Lamport Stadium on Fraser Avenue. This will be the second pickup after Queens Quay.
For those using public transit, the King streetcar goes right past, and the Dufferin bus is just a couple of blocks away. The Exhibition GO station is also within walking distance. For those who drive, there is a Green P paid parking lot on the south side of Lamport Stadium.
NOTE – This location will only be listed and used (along with Queens Quay) when we have added a second bus to a trip after we have filled the first bus and have sufficient members on the wait list to justify a second bus.
Information on all of our pick-up locations is located on the website: https://hpsc.ca/Day-Trip-Pick-Up-Locations